Found this over at Guy Kawasaki’s Blog. Merrill Lynch has released a report on what they see as the six key themes for the Internet in ’08. From Guy’s Blog….
- Intensifying 3rd party seller competition between eBay and Amazon.
- A bump in online media spending because of the elections and the television writers’ strike.
- Increasing focus on mobile market initiatives by Google and Yahoo!
- Improving display ad targeting technology because of the Google/DoubleClick merger and Yahoo!’s acquisition of Blue Lithium and Right Media.
- Asset value unlock speculation because of the split of InterActive into five entities.
- Social networking revenue model emergence as users move away from portals to social networking sites.