In mid October I posted about Intuit’s new website for entrepreneurs, I also mentioned they were having a $50K business plan contest. I just found an update at the Entrepreneur Daily Blog at Entrepreneur.com. According to the post by Kristin Edelhauser, there are 5 finalists that the public will vote on.
The semi-finalists have been selected from a batch of more than 1,500 entries, and now it’s America’s turn to vote on who deserves to take home the grand prize. Go to IWillJustStart.com by January 31 to select who you think deserves to fulfill their entrepreneurial dream. The five semifinalists include:
- Carmin David–Daycare for kids with special needs;
- Alissa and Noah DeRouchie–Café-style restaurant with kid-friendly environment;
- Daniel and Tina Garrido–Asian-inspired dog treats;
- Joy LaFrance–Doggie daycare; and
- Suzanne Sprague–Personalized children’s music.
I will watch to see who wins, but from what I can see few of these are intended to be high growth firms. Thus 50K seems like a a lot of money — perhaps that is why they are calling it a grant. Also, can’t forget that most firms are not high growth firms and that btw, is Intuits core customer.