Just received an update from Sparkseed, a social venture fund/accelerator that provides “offers a comprehensive program for collegiate social innovators.” Ten students will be chosen to participate
Sparkseed Innovators receive:
- Six months of comprehensive support, including:
- Mentoring from entrepreneurs and executives
- $20,000 in pro-bono services, such as legal counsel, accounting, design, etc.
- $1,000 in seed money and up to $10,000 in follow-up funding
- Skill-building webinars on topics such as writing a business plan, managing a team, pitching to investors, leveraging social media, and measuring impact
- A four-day summit including networking, skill-building, and strategic planning.
- A national network of young social entrepreneurs
What else you need to know…
- Applicants must be college students, but not graduating seniors.
- You can apply individually or with a partner.
- This is not simply a grant; this is a social innovator development program. While we do provide seed funding to our social innovators, you should not apply for this reason. The training, tools, and connections that we offer are the real value-adds.
The Sparkseed Competition’s first round is open until Feb 7, 2010. You must submit a video pitch and also fill out a profile on the Sparkseed page.