Cool post, 10 Lean Startup Machine Tips and Tricks by Tristan Kromer at Grasshoperherder.com. There are actually more than 10 (Tristan admits to not being a great editor).
I was at Lean Startup Machine in New York last weekend. (LSM is a 48 hour excursion into lean startup techniques created by Trevor Owens to push your boundaries and help you learn something about your business model.)
- Problems don’t exist. You can’t go out and talk to a problem. Focus relentlessly on people.
- Cash in hand beats bullshit on slide. A pretty powerpoint isn’t impressive. Go get a real customer to hand you money.
- If your teammates don’t buy in, then test fast and let reality convince them. You’re not going to win by arguing, you’ll just wind up working alone.
- If your MVP can’t prove you wrong, then it can’t prove you right either.
- Ask questions like a child. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?
There are some good thoughts in this post and I am looking forward to learning more about Lean Startup Machine.