6 cool midwest student entrepreneurs up for awards on Friday November 5, 2010. Great schools represented by excellent young entrepreneurs.
This year 6 Midwest finalists will present their companies to world class CEOs, business luminaries and Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members. Meet Kevin Langley, Chairman Elect of EO, and head of the GSEA initiative. This year’s competitors include:
- Jordan Scherer, DePaul University, Wiseman Tea Co.
- Brian MacMillan, University of Rochester, Outdoor Equipment Supplier, LLC
- Travis Blomberg, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Stripes Officiating Agency
- Mary Lemmer, University of Michigan, Iorio’s [Frozen Yogurt]
- Alex Goldstein, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Badger Trips LLC
- Jim Gregory, Hanover College (IN), Grandma Gee’s Soap
After more than 1800 nominations, worldwide the competition will boil down to 30 college-based business owners striving for the title of Global Student Entrepreneur of the Year later this month at the GSEA Global Finals, a featured event within Global Entrepreneurship Week. Take the opportunity to meet and interview the students who are inspired to begin their own ventures, control their own destinies and learn from other business leaders as they enter the Continuum of Entrepreneurship — a cycle of learning, growing and giving back.